Popular Features. New Releases. You are Not a Gadget: A Manifesto. Description Something went wrong around the start of the 21st century. Individual creativity began to go out of fashion. Music became an endless rehashing of the past.
You Are Not a Gadget: A Manifesto
Scientists were in danger of no longer understanding their own research. Indeed, not only was individual creativity old-fashioned but so were individuals themselves. The crowd was wise. Machines, specifically computers, were no longer tools to be used by human minds - they were better than humans. Welcome to the world of the digital revolution.
You are Not a Gadget: A Manifesto - Jaron Lanier - Google книги
Yet what if, despite Web 2. After all, when the printing press was invented, the mechanism was ultimately less impressive than the authors. What if, by devaluing individuals, we are deadening creativity, risking weaker design in engineering and science, losing democracy, and reducing development in every sphere? Jaron Lanier delivers a searing manifesto in support of the human and reflects on the good and bad developments in design and thought 20 years after the invention of the web.
- Wastewater Microbiology, Third Edition (Wiley Series in Ecological and Applied Microbiology).
- You Are Not A Gadget: A Manifesto?
- Speed Read - You Are Not A Gadget: A Manifesto;
- Shakespeares hybrid faith: history, religion and the stage.
- Causal Analysis in Biomedicine and Epidemiology: Based on Minimal Sufficient Causation.
- You Are Not A Gadget: A Manifesto by Jaron Lanier – review!
- The Globe and Mail.
- Nurturing New Volunteers: 86 Ways to Build Long-Term Relationships with New Recruits!
- Pacification in Algeria, 1956-1958.
- China and New Left Visions: Political and Cultural Interventions.
- Hazards of Electricity and Static Electricity!
You can change this and find out more here. Or try Advanced Search.
Get a demo Do I subscribe? News sign-up Sample reports. What else does this article talk about? Get a demo or Subscribers: Log in here.
Including over 12, effectiveness case studies revealing the campaign strategies of the world's leading brands to help maximize ROI. Best practice guides that explain the how and why of marketing challenges to stay ahead of the ever-changing marketing landscape. Marketing intelligence, trend reports, brand profiles and event reports to give your brand clear competitive advantage.